We have all read and seen the articles and statistics on ‘The Great Resignation’. Here are some of the latest statistics from survey done by Joblist called Q3 2021 United States Job Market Report and surveyed over 25,000 job seekers:
- 73% of 2,099 respondents who answered this question on their employment plans are considering quitting.
- More than a quarter of these Americans said they would feel comfortable quitting their job without a new one lined up.
Why are people quitting?
- 20% wanted a career change
- 19% poor treatment by their employer during the pandemic
- 17% low pay or lack of benefits
- 14% wanted to relocate
- 13% changing priorities due to the pandemic
- 13% desire to achieve a better work-life balance
We wanted to understand what’s truly going on in the job market from the ground floor, so we invited executive recruiter, Mandy Cole, on the Leadership Launchpad Project to give us her insights. Mandy works hand in hand with tech executives who are looking to change roles and tech companies who are hiring so she has the insights! We talk to Mandy about what job seekers are looking for in new roles, the explosion of wages, how leaders are adapting to the changing job market and how you can set yourself up for success in finding a new role. Check it out on Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Amazon Music, Google Podcasts and more!
If you want to set yourself to thrive in 2022, Elite High Performance is offering leadership programs starting in January 2022 that will take your leadership to the next level. You can check out our Leadership Coaching Programs, Leadership Consulting Programs & Services or email email@example.com and we can discuss which one is right for you!
– Coach Rob